Monday, April 13, 2009

List of Places

I have come up with a list of places in North Philly that I would like to have on my website. It's not completely firm: Wagner Free Institute of Science, Girard College, Eastern State Penitentiary, the Apollo Theater, a baptist church that is escaping me at the moment, and the Divine Lorraine hotel. For color schemes I would like to use some toned down colors for part of the website because many of these places are made from wood and brick. But I would also like to intersperse it with some of the brilliant color of the murals painted in that part of the city. It would also bridge the time frames of then and now.

2 comments:

  1. I have a bunch of photographs from Eastern State Penitentiary that I would be happy to share with you if you need.

    One of my friends wrote a biography about Daddy Grace who was one of the famous African-Carribean preachers on the east coast who had many churches in NY and Philadelphia. I went to a talk that she gave and she mentioned the rivalry between Daddy Grace and Father Divine, so I am sure that there is lots of history available on the Divine movement. If you need sources I can email and ask her.

    Good luck!

    Doreva

    ReplyDelete
  2. North Philly deserves more attention! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete