Sunday, April 5, 2009

more info on feathered dinosaurs

I got multiple requests and admonishments for more information about feathered dinosaurs. I didn't think it would be such a hit so I didn't post any links. One is a press release from American Museum of Natural History about the evidence in the fossil record about feathered dinosaurs. The next is an academic paper. For a skeptic's article, click here.

Since dinosaurs seem like such a popular topic, I'll reconsider. I was leaning towards the North Philadelphia project.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Don't be swayed by popular opinion - I think we all just got excited. I am so steeped in reading for classes (which sometimes can get tiring) that it was a pleasure to see "feathered dinosaur".
    What topic could you get the most mileage out of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinosaurs just bring out the kid in all of us. Having you do a website about them would be like all of us getting to take a field trip to the Natural History Museum. So don't let us sway you too much. I say you've got two topics that have a lot of potential (which is one or maybe two more than I have right now!) Do you think one might be easier than the other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I have a growing interest in N. Philly myself, I would really like to see a website about this area. You could have plenty of different sections, and I for one, feel like you could teach me a lot. So if you're looking for encouragement in this area, I back you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you can continue to play with both subjects to see which one you can get more information on and have more fun working with. Being a substitute teacher, I could see the "feathered dinosaur" topic being fun for kids; they are always interested in dinosaurs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that dinosaurs do bring out the kid in all of us. The Russian topic that you mentioned would be interesting as well, but I think that in order to write enough original material about it you would have to do an enormous amount of research.

    ReplyDelete