Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A list of more places...

I found out that the Chapel of the Four Chaplains has moved from North Philly to the old navy yard, so I will not be using it for the project. However, the story of what inspired the foundation of the Chapel is very moving and worth reading.


Back to North Philly--

Here's the list so far:

Eastern State Penitentiary

Girard College

Apollo Theater

Wagner Free Institute of Science

Divine Lorraine Hotel

Uptown Theater

The Baptist Temple @ Temple University

The Philadelphia Doll Museum

The list has expanded to eight institutions (I think I'm supposed to be narrowing them. I will from here. The Philadelphia Doll Museum is an honorable mention. It was founded in the 80s, but seems like a cool place. The more I research North Philly the more great buildings and organizations I find. I hope to have the final list by next weekend. If you have any opinions, let me know, and I will take them under advisement. Definites are Eastern State because old prisons are fascinating for me and Girard College because my father and uncle went there.

No comments:

Post a Comment